When using computer, you probably have a habit of hanging up. However, crashes will be very power-consuming, for laptops is very battery consuming. So, shutdown timer is the best option. Follow this article to know how to schedule a computer shutdown on Windows 7/8/10 and macOS!
Turn off the computer will help you:
– Download files for a long time without having to wait to be able to shutdown.
– Limiting the unauthorized access and access to confidential information on your computer.
– Maintain the durability of the computer.
1. 2 ways to schedule to turn off the computer on Windows
– Use the feature on the Run dialog box
+ Available in every Windows version.
+ Can create timer shortcuts outside the home screen.
Press combination Windows + R > Type command “shutdown -s -t x” (x is the shutdown timer time in seconds) in the window Run.
Here are some shutdown time settings commands:
- 5 minutes: shutdown -s -t 300
- 10 minutes: shutdown -s -t 600
- 15 minutes: shutdown -s -t 900
- 30 minutes: shutdown -s -t 1800
- 1 hour: shutdown -s -t 3600
- 2 hours: shutdown -s -t 7200
- 3 hours: shutdown -s -t 10800
- 4 hours: shutdown -s -t 14400
If you want to cancel the timer, type the command “shutdown -a ” in the Run window.
If you don’t want to have to type the command every time the timer is turned off, you can create shortcut Timer through the following steps:
+ Step 1: Right-click> Select new > Select Shortcut.
+ Step 2: Type the command “shutdown -s -t x” (x is the shutdown timer in seconds) in the dialog box> Select Next.
+ Step 3: Enter a shortcut name> Select Finish.
To change the timer timer for a shortcut, right-click the shortcut> Select Properties > Change value x in the section Target.
– Using Internet Download Manager software
+ Simple operation.
+ Easy to use software.
+ Support for downloading applications.
+ Can only be used while downloading with Internet Download Manager.
+ Can’t adjust the time.
When downloading, select the item Options on Completion > Click the checkbox Turn off computer when done.
2. How to schedule to turn off the computer on macOS
Use the System Preferences app:
Advantages: Available in every macOS version.
+ Step 1: Select the apple logo> Select System Preferences.
+ Step 2: Choose Power Saver (lightbulb icon)> Select Schedule.
+ Step 3: Press tick in the second section> Adjust timer mode.
Parameters in timer mode:
– The first box is the screen off mode (Sleep) or shutdown (Shut down).
– The second box is the appointment.
– The last box is the appointment time.
Hopefully after this article, you know how to schedule a computer shutdown. Thank you for watching!