Many users when using computers, laptop wondering how to take a quick screenshot of a text, error message, … and store it directly on the device. Here I would like to share to you how to take screenshots of your computer on Windows, MAC simple and effective.
How to take screenshots in the following tutorial is applicable to all computers and laptops such as: Dell, HP, ASUS, Macbook, Lenovo, Acer.
1. How to take a screenshots for Windows
– How to take a screenshots with an auto-save shortcut
Advantages: Photos when taken automatically saved to the machine, quick operation.
Defect: It is not possible to directly edit such as adding text, resizing, etc. before saving.
Maybe some unknown user on Windows 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10 can capture PC screenshots and automatically save to a default folder on the computer. The procedure is as follows:
● You need to press the key combination Windows + PrtSc (Print Screen) if the PrtSc key does not have any letters or characters.
● If the key PrtSc If there is another color icon, you must press the combination of shortcut keys to take screenshot Windows + Fn + PrtSc.
Where you can not find the key PstSc then maybe on your keyboard it has been slightly modified (depending on the brand), details as shown below.
● Check the folders that contain screenshots automatically by your access This PC (My Computer) > Select Pictures > Screenshots. The photos taken will be saved here.
– How to screenshot, add text with Paint
Advantages: It is possible to edit images such as adding text, captions, resizing, etc. before saving to the device.
Defect: You need to transfer the image to Paint, which is a bit more complicated than the auto-capture method.
This method works on all versions of Windows since Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 10.
+ Capture full screen
Note: This method will help you paste the screenshot directly into any chat window of some software and applications (Messenger, Line, …), fast and convenient. However, to paste, you must remember to use keystrokes Ctrl + V Please!
● You press the key Print Screen (PrtScn, Prnt Scrn, Print Scr, …) is located in the upper right corner of the computer keyboard for full screen capture.
● Next, you press the key Windows on the keyboard (the key with a window)> Then type in the search keyword Paint > Open the software named Paint.
● At the Paint software interface window, click> You press the key combination Ctrl + V to paste the captured image.
● You can also crop an area of an image you choose Select > Click and drag the mouse to make a selection> Click the tool cut > Friends Just press Ctrl + S (or File> Save) to save the image.
+ Capture an arbitrary window
Note: You need to select the window you want to capture before proceeding to use the key combination to save.
To capture any window you do not need to get the entire image on the screen (browser window, software window), do the following:
● You press the key combination Alt + Print Screen > Open the software Paint > Click Ctrl + V to paste the photo in. To save you just press File > Save or key combination Ctrl + S.
Screenshot using the key combination Alt + Print Screen
– How to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Advantages: Tool available on Windows, you can call out to use at any time.
Defect: The operation takes many steps and you need to know how to use the basic tool.
Similar to Paint, Snipping Tool is also a tool built into every version of Windows and taking screenshots with Snipping Tool to say is extremely excellent and handy.
If you use Windows without you knowing it, it is a big mistake.
● Above Windows 7, Windows 10: Come on in Start > Type Snipping Tool is the tool will appear offline.
● Yes Windows 8 / 8.1, mouse over the upper right corner> Click the icon search> Type Snipping > Click Snipping Tool in the results section.
● At the interface of Snipping Tool> Click on the arrow to the right of the word Mode > You will see 4 options take a screenshot of your computer> Select an option you want to take a screenshot.
+ Free-form Snip: Take a free photo, picture border is the line you circle on the screen.
+ Rectangular Snip: Take a photo into a rectangular frame.
+ Windows Snip: Capture an open window.
+ Full-screen Snip: Capture full screen.
For example if you choose the shooting mode is Rectangular Snip then the sign will appear on the screen + > You can drag and select the area to capture and release to take photos again.
Then when you release your hand in the interface of the Snapping Tool will appear the image area you have just selected to take.
2. Screen capture on Macbook computer (macOS)
– Take a picture of macOS computer full screen
● Press the key Shift + Command (⌘) + 3 > Screenshots will save automatically and display on the main screen.
– Capture an optional part screen on macOS computer
● Press the key Shift + Command + 4 > The cursor will change to + > Move the cross drag to the end of the shot.
While dragging, you hold the key Shift, Option or Space to change the selection move.
● Once you have selected the area to capture screenshots, release the mouse or trackpad. To cancel you just need to press the key Esc before releasing the mouse.
● Screenshots are saved as a file .png on desktop (main screen).
● Click on the menu to capture> Then press the key combination Shift + Command + 4.
● The mouse pointer changes to a shape + > Drag the mouse to select the menu to capture.
● Release the mouse or trackpad to take a screenshot. You also press the Esc key if you want to cancel the image.
● The image will also be saved as a file .png on desktop (main screen).
If you want to capture menu content only but do not want the menu name, when the mouse pointer changes to cross, press the key Space, the cursor will turn into camera, move this camera over the menu to highlight it later Click or trackpad To take the menu, you’re done.
So the article has shown you how to take screenshots extremely easily. I wish you successful operation.